Thursday, April 22, 2010

Audrey Hepburn


Tonight I was watching Breakfast at Tiffany's (for the millionth time) to see how it compares to the book. I've decided that they are both alike and different but all in all, it is a pretty good take on Truman Capotes short novel. Also I can finally say that Audrey plays Holly Golightly perfectly, absolutely "darling" as she would say. I started crying when watching the scene when they are in the rain and Holly cant find her cat.
If you haven't seen the movie then head over to my place right now.

Also, if you adore Audrey then you should buy this book which talks all about her life and other movies she has made: (Sabrina is one of my favorites)

One of my favorite quotes from Breakfast at Tiffany's: 

"Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. A hawk with a hurt wing. One time it was a full-grown bobcat with a broken leg. But you can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky."