Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Before I Die



Before I Die I can only recommend if you are a tough cookie. Its very sad and absolutely beautiful. This book has made me realize how grateful I am to be happy and healthy. A few droplets of tears my run down your cheek but nonetheless a great read. Written by a true Brit, Jenny Downham, sometimes it may be hard to understand with the British slang. Also there are some intimate scenes which may not be good for young readers.

SUMMARY

A 16 year old girl, Tessa Scott, is diagnosed with cancer. After learning she doesnt have much time to live she write up a list. A bucket list... things she wants to do before she dies. Commit illegal crimes, find love, become famous, those are just a few. So, Tessa, determined to live her life while she has one, she journeys to complete the list before time runs out. This book is filled with dry humor, hurt and surprising twists and turns, narrated by an extraordinary girl who realizes there is more to the world then what we see. This tear-jerker will touch you deeply.